OSU Surplus Property Sales (Applies to ALL Sales)
- OSU reserves the right to accept or reject any and all bids and to sell any part or all of the offered property to OSU departments, state and local governments, and nonprofit organizations with a 501(c)(3)status prior to the end of the sale.
- OSU accepts cash, personal checks up to $1000, cashier checks, money orders, certified checks, company checks, and Visa or MasterCard’s.
- If the check is in the amount of $1,000.00 or less it must be accompanied by two pieces of acceptable identification, one of which is photographic.
- Oregon State University's interest in the property passes to the successful bidder at the time of announcement of award. At this time, risk of loss or damage will not release the bidder from the obligation to buy the property. However, until the property is paid for, Oregon State University retains possession, as security toward the entire payment of the purchase price. Prior to possession of the property by the purchaser, when legal title of ownership passes from Oregon State University to the purchaser, the University may, if it decides that it is necessary, practical, or convenient, move any items. The successful bidder empowers Oregon State University, as Oregon State University deems suitable, to appoint an agent for him to move the property. Loading and transporting items are the responsibility of the successful Bidder.
- Bidders may be barred from participating in Oregon State University public sales for the following reasons:
- Failure to observe the terms and conditions as set forth by OSU.
- Payment for purchases with a personal check which is dishonored by a payor bank, depository bank, intermediary bank, collecting bank, presenting bank, or remitting bank.
- Failure to pay for purchases.
- OSU makes no warranty expressed or implied as to the quality, weight, size or description of any of the property or its fitness of any use or purpose. All sales are final, no refunds. All property is offered for sale “as is, where is, with no guarantee”.
In addition to the above Terms and Conditions, sale-specific Terms and Conditions apply as well. See below.
OSUsed Store Terms and Conditions
- There is NO PREVIEW of the sale property. All property is sold on a first come, first serve basis.
- Buyer must be at least 18 years or older.
- Valid photo identification is required to participate in the sale.
- Storage fee of $5.00 per item for the first night, each night after the first is $10 per item per night. Purchaser has THREE working days from the date of purchase to remove their property or ownership reverts back to OSU.
Online Sales & Sealed Bid Terms and Conditions
- Buyer must be registered, and in good standing with Internet vendors.
- Buyer must be of legal age to bid.
- All bids and/or bid forms must be received by the OSU Surplus Property office at 644 SW 13th Street, Corvallis, Oregon 97333 by the closing date and time to be considered.
- Successful bidder must notify OSU, with name, shipping address and phone number within THREE working days after the end of the sale.
- OSU will calculate shipping cost and notify customer of total charges within five working days of the end of auction for eBay items.
- Buyer is responsible for paying processing charges, buyer premium, shipping and insurance charges when necessary or applicable.
- For eligible online items OSU will provide an invoice including shipping charges within five working days.
- Payment must be received within 7 days after OSU has notified the successful bidder or the seller has the right to relist the property for sale.
- Once payment is received OSU will ship eBay items within one working day.
- Removal of the equipment is the responsibility of the successful bidder and must be completed within ten days of the end of auction or the ownership of said property reverts back to Oregon State University.
- Returns are not accepted EXCEPT if the auction description does not match the actual item. The seller reserves the right to make that determination.
Thank you very much for participating in the Oregon State University Public Sales. Good luck!
If you have any questions regarding these terms and conditions, please contact Surplus Property via email or at (541) 737-7347.